Sorry for skipping my usual blog post last week! We were back at Shadow Lake having fun with the Colorado Zehnackers, so we have lots of updates to share from the past couple weeks. We had so much fun with our relatives in town, and especially loved seeing the cousins all together. Evie and Aristea are only a year apart and were especially fun to watch! I'll let the photos narrate this part.
 |
| Girl cousins! |
 |
| Playing in the sprinkler |
 |
| First time feeding her little brother a bottle |
 |
| Happy boy |
 |
| Sibling cuteness |
 |
| Real men wear orange to camp |
 |
| Reading with Uncle DJ |
 |
| Cousin Stefan |
 |
| Noah may outweigh Aristea in a couple months! :-) |
 |
| Girls in the BOB |
 |
| Matching outfits |
 |
| We found where Santa spends his summers! Parker Pie! |
 |
| Climbing trees |
 |
| Bonfire fun with Grandpa |
 |
| Little buddies |
 |
| Grandma and Grandpa with their 7 grandkids on the last night of the visit |
Noah turned two months old and had his first shots at the pediatrician, which he handled like a champ. He cried briefly but was easily consoled, although he needed a dose of tylenol that evening when he started acting cranky. Here are his 2-month stats:
- Height: 24.5 inches (93rd %)
- Weight: 13 lbs. 6 oz. (86th %)
I'm pretty impressed that Noah has gained 4 pounds since birth, and relieved that despite his constant spitting up, he is growing well.
We are managing with two kids, and some days it goes better than others. I'll give you an example of how we have some good days and some that aren't so great...
Good day:
We hiked around Indian Brook as a family, and Evie walked almost the whole way. Everyone had fun, including Roscoe! Another good day: blueberry picking as a family at Aunt Judy's farm. Fun and delicious!
Bad day:
9:30am: I muster the courage to take both kids to the grocery store, do the shopping, then realize that I left my wallet at home. Fortunately I had my checkbook and vaguely remembered how to write out a check, but Noah is now crying and Evie is afraid of the grocery bagger and is clinging to my right arm and freaking out while I attempt to write the check.
11:00am: After a quick stop at the Carter's outlet, we go home, unload groceries, I feed Noah, and get spit up on all over my shorts and shirt. Dry off the spit-up, and proceed to get Evie's lunch while all I can smell is sour milk on my right shoulder.
12:30pm: My midwife calls to check in while I'm mid-diaper change with Noah, and Evie comes in and loudly exclaims "Mommy, I want to watch the video where Daddy asks for MORE BEER!!" My midwife kindly offers to call back at a "better time."
1:00pm: I finally get Noah to sleep and go to play with Evie in the play room. Ahhh.
1:10pm: Noah wakes up after a 10 minute nap and I nurse him in the play room where Evie is building a fort. I think to myself that I've totally got things under control.
1:15pm: Not so fast! Evie trips on a pillow, falls into a wooden chair and gets a bloody lip, so now I have to console her and get her cleaned up while Noah is still attached to my boob. I decide to abandon nursing for a minute and tend to Evie, so now both kids are screaming. I feed Evie popsicles for her fat lip, and Noah spits up on me again, this time soaking through my shorts AND underwear.
1:45pm: Thank GOD we made it to Evie's nap time.
2:15pm: I finally have time for lunch. I reflect on the fact that this stay-at-home-mom stuff is way more stressful than any job I've ever had!
3:30pm: Evie is awake and we head to the pool (thus I am finally able to take off my puke-stained outfit). Fortunately, the day got MUCH better from here, and we enjoyed a couple hours swimming and relaxing while Noah snoozed, and then we had a surprisingly relaxing evening at home as a family. All's well that ends well!
 |
Seriously, I'm doing awesome!
|
 |
| Building forts |
 |
| Nice undies! |
In the midst of all the craziness, Matt and I celebrated our anniversary! We have spent 15 years together, 8 of them married, with one crazy dog and two beautiful kids. Throughout job changes, life changes, and the stresses of life, I appreciate the family we have created more than anything. We celebrated by going out to Parker Pie while we were at camp, and with a lovely date night out at Leunig's once we were back in town.
 |
| 2006 |
 |
| 2014 |
Love, love, love your description of a bad day. I have so been there - especially after Elias was born. It makes those good days that much sweeter!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad we aren't the only ones who have days like that! I agree, we are appreciating the good days more than ever!
Delete