Tuesday, July 22, 2014

8 Week adventures

Happy 8 Weeks to Noah!  I really love this age, because he is getting much more expressive and sleeping better, too.  The past two nights, Noah has slept for 7 hours (12-7) and 9 hours (9-6).  Will it continue??  We can only hope!

The many faces of Noah
I knew that Noah was eating a lot, but now that I have started pumping, I'm realizing that I'm a milk machine.  I guess it's better than not having enough supply!  He is a very efficient eater, too, and most of the time he's done in about 10 minutes.
15 minutes of pumping on one side.  I had to switch bottles half-way through!
It is what we call "birthday season" in my family, so we had a lot of gatherings last week, and Noah got lots of love and snuggles from his extended family.  Happy birthday to Carly and Grandpa Zeke!



We made sure Mr. Noah was looking handsome for the birthday celebrations, so he wore his best shoes (thank you to the Kozaczkas for the adorable outfit!):

We also met up with Jenny and Onyx for a walk and mommy therapy a play date, which is always fun.  Noah is starting to show a lot more interest in his play gym, and it was so cute to see the two boys playing together!

We had a few fun adventures as a family, too!  We have spent a lot of time at the pool, and Evie is getting really comfortable in the water with the help of her floaties.  I am a water lover, so nothing makes me happier than to spend time with my girl at the pool on a beautiful summer day.

Evie had her first sleepover with Grandma Karen over the weekend!  They watched a movie, had popcorn and milkshakes, and Mommy and Daddy got to enjoy an evening alone with Noah.  We thought about making plans to go out, but then we quickly realized how nice it was to be at home and do nothing for a couple hours.

We also went on a little family adventure to a place called Honey Hollow that my dad had told us about.  We went with the intention of having a little hike and a picnic, and while we were there, we discovered some amazing waterfalls.  The hike was short, but Noah was completely wide-eyed and content on his first hiking outing, and Evie loved both the hike and the picnic.  Roscoe, of course, thought the hike was too short, and both kids had meltdowns during our drive home!


I had my own personal adventure - I returned to Jazzercise last week!  I didn't realize how much I had missed it, but I'm appreciating the "me time" more than ever, both mentally and physically.  I think that continuing my workouts through my pregnancy helped, because I wasn't sucking wind too badly!


And, here are a few other random photos from the week:

Sleepy boy can always get out of his swaddle

Dress-up adventures
A day at home multitasking - baby soothing on the trampoline

Sibling love
Cousin love.  They are looking so tall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment