Happy 7 weeks to Noah today! He is really a sweet and mellow guy, and we are loving the smiles we get from him. He smiled at Evie for the first time this week, and I almost cried! Evie adores her little brother and is constantly bringing him toys, reading and singing to him, and smothering him with hugs and kisses. He hasn't developed a completely predictable routine yet, but we are getting one nice long stretch of sleep at night (usually 5-7 hours). The tricky thing is getting ourselves in bed early enough to take advantage of that sleep, especially if he falls asleep at 9pm. I'm just getting started on my chores at that hour!
We have had a busy week getting back into routine after vacation. It was the first week that Matt was really back at work full-time since Noah's birth, so I had my first few days of managing two kids on my own for the whole day.
 |
| Starting to enjoy his play gym |
 |
| Best big sister in the world |
 |
| Snoozer |
 |
| The girls |
Being back in routine is making me reflect on whether I want to stay home full-time or look for a new job in the fall. I miss certain aspects of working, but I feel like we are so busy that I can't imagine adding something else to our plate. The hardest thing for me being home full-time is the isolation of spending all day without any adult interaction, so I have been trying to do some small outings with both kids. I'm slowly gaining confidence in my abilities to get out of the house with two little ones. I started with an easy outing to the park...
...and then I went to Matt's gig at Breakwaters with both kids (thanks to our family and friends for the extra sets of hands)...
...and then I trekked around Burlington with the double jogger while cheering on Matt and Carly in the Brain Freezer 5K. Lastly, I made it to church on my own on Sunday while Matt played drums at mass. All in all, I'm pretty proud of myself for those small victories!
The summer weather has been beautiful lately, so we have also enjoyed some time at the neighborhood pool (Noah snoozes in the stroller while I swim with Evie) and a fun visit to Church Street for some outdoor dining and Ben & Jerry's.
 |
| She is getting very confident in the water! |
 |
| Swimming with cousin Carly |
 |
| Dinner date on Church Street |
 |
| It isn't a trip to Church Street without a little Ben & Jerry's! |
I had my 6-week checkup last week with my midwives, and they said I'm healing very well. I got the okay to go back to Jazzercise, and my first class will be today. Wish me luck! I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment