Noah is 11 weeks old this week, and he is giving out lots of smiles and giggles. I'm kind of smitten with him. He's becoming an excellent sleeper, going for about 8 hours at night, although the timing of that 8 hours isn't consistent yet. Most often, he'll go 11-7, but other times he falls asleep earlier and needs to wake up for a snack around 4am. Now that Evie's sleep is also back on track, Matt and I are finally able to feel like we are enjoying having two kids!
We have had a busy and fun week spending time with lots of friends who were visiting. We got to enjoy some quintessential Vermont maple creemees together during Mary-Alice's visit, and Evie LOVED having her around!
We also got to enjoy a beautiful day at the park with Evie's cousins. She is so much more brave when she's playing with the big kids!
Evie's godmother Ally came into town, and we enjoyed some beautiful time on Lake Champlain together. Ahhh, Vermont in the summer with good friends is such a blessing. These are the things that get me through those cold, gray winter days!
And, in case we hadn't had enough fun, we also celebrated the wedding of our friends and fellow musicians, Al and Erin, on Saturday. There were so many fun things about the day - first of all, my parents watched our kids ALL day so we could be there (thank you again, Mom & Dad!). We were both able to play our instruments for the ceremony (my first time playing flute again since Noah's birth), and then we got to enjoy dinner, drinks and dancing with so many of our SMC friends. I also feel like I appreciate my kids so much more after having a day away from them. Simply an amazing day on so many levels - congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Teodosio!!
August always signals that the school year is just around the corner, and we visited Evie's preschool in preparation for her starting school in a couple of weeks. We were nervous about it, but Evie ended up doing great after being clingy for the first few minutes. She had snack with the kids, listened to a story, and did some coloring. We got a good laugh out of the subject of her first preschool drawing - "grumpy face!"
![]() |
| Grumpy face |
While we still feel a little nervous about the start of school, we also feel reassured that it will be good for her and she will be in good hands. This parenting stuff can be so confusing...Evie pushes my buttons one minute, and then she is incredibly sweet and helpful the next, and now I'm thinking about how much I'll miss her when she's at school. I have a bad feeling I'm going to be that mom that cries in the car after I drop her off on the first day!
Here are a couple other fun moments from last week.
![]() |
| Cinderella, wash the truck! |
| Dress-up fun for our little princess |






No comments:
Post a Comment