Since I post the blog on Tuesdays, it doesn't quite line up with the due date, so even though these are the 39 week photos, I am actually due TOMORROW!! I have reached the stage where complete strangers can't keep their comments to themselves about the size of my belly (you can probably see why!). Here are a few of the comments from this week, from complete strangers:
"Wow, you are ginormous!"
"Jeezum crow, are you having twins or something?"
"So, um...are you past your due date?"
We have been putting the finishing touches on the house as we prepare for the baby - the co-sleeper is set up in our room, and we have the changing station all set up in there, too.
 |
| Roscoe isn't sure what he thinks of the changes to the bedroom |
 |
| Co-sleeper...not quite toddler-sized! |
 |
| Changing station in our bedroom |
The baby's room is pretty well set, clothes are washed, bags are packed, and car seats are installed. We still need some decor for the walls in the nursery, but the essentials are there.
 |
| Panorama of baby's room |
 |
| Thanks to my dad for staining the cubbies! |
I know many of you have been wondering if we've decided on a name, and the answer is YES! Our baby boy is going to be named...
Noah Henry Guzowski
 |
| Thanks to cousin Carly for the personalized artwork! |
We were kind of bummed last week when Noah was revealed as the #1 most popular baby name for 2013. However, we still like the name, and Guzowski is a tricky last name to work with! The middle name, Henry, is after my Grandpa Hank who passed away when I was pregnant with Evie in 2011. Now we just need a baby so we can put a face with the name.
Today is my last day of work after being at the same job for over 7 years, which is a very strange feeling. I always like to have my next step figured out before I make a big change, and in this case, I simply can't. I only know that I'll be taking care of my babies, which is the most important thing, but I am also sad about letting go of my career.
Despite my "ginormous" size, we managed to get our little raised bed garden and flowers planted over the weekend, and I had a fun play time with Evie at the park. Evie has been noticing the changes and asking when her baby brother will be here. There have been some tantrums, and we don't know if it's because of her age or if she can sense the impending changes, or maybe a little of both. At one point, she was crying and sobbed, "Why do you have a baby in your belly anyway?!" Oh, girl, I have my days when I wonder the same thing, but I think we'll know the answer as soon as we meet Baby Noah.
 |
| Spring garden |
 |
| Flower sniffer |
 |
| Park fun |
 |
| Enjoying the nice weather |
 |
| Getting spoiled with some chocolate...Mommy's girl! |
And, yes, Roscoe, our old man, is doing just fine, too. :-)
 |
| Looking fancy for Puppy Prom at Doggie Daycare |
 |
| Snuggling with Belle is exhausting! |
No comments:
Post a Comment