You know that feeling when it's like you're drinking out of a fire hose? That's how our lives have felt lately. Work has been busy, home has been busy, family has been busy, and free time has been nonexistent. Just when we needed it most, we were invited to go on a retreat with the St. Mike's choir. Not only did we attend the retreat, but Matt and I also gave a talk about our faith lives and how our experience with the choir plays into them. Taking the time to reflect on our blessings and celebrate our faith was very refreshing.
It was also the first time I have ever spent a night away from Evie, and it was no big deal, thanks to Grandma Karen staying overnight with Evie. I knew she was in good hands, and in fact, I'm pretty sure Evie was saying, "Mommy don't come over here!" as I tried to kiss her goodbye.
One of the extra special highlights of the week was spending some time with Evie's great-great Aunt Mary. She is Grandpa Hank's sister, and she hasn't been home to Vermont in 13 years. It was like having a piece of Grandpa here with us when we spent time with her, and because of that, it made our time together even more special.
Another highlight was the annual family/friends party at Paula's house. King Me rocked the tunes, and Evie especially enjoyed the spread of desserts. I'm pretty sure she had a cupcake, crunchy fudge sandwich, and an M&M cookie. Don't worry Grandma, we brushed our teeth when we got home!
On Sunday, we finally carved out some family time for just the three of us and went apple picking. It was a beautiful day that really felt like Fall, and Evie is quite the apple picker. She loved the whole experience - the hay ride, pumpkins, eating apples, and of course, the cider doughnuts! We are hoping for more of these moments soon...after Matt takes his annual fishing trip to Pulaski this week, of course!



I haven't had a crunch fudge sandwich in SO LONG!
ReplyDelete