Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Fur baby

Yesterday was 7 years since we adopted our first, and arguably, most difficult child (dog) Roscoe!  As I got looking at older photos of him, I can't get over how much he has changed in appearance.  He's so gray now, but you can also see in his face that he's more relaxed and trusting.  It hasn't been an easy road with Roscoe (he isn't the only one who is more gray!), but it is all worth it when I see him snuggle Evie and have unending patience with her.  We love our sweet boy!


Fall can't decide if it's ready to arrive or not, so we went raspberry picking last week when it felt like summer!  Evie probably ate a pint of raspberries, and then I had to bribe her with the iPhone while my mom and I filled our containers.

Evie is also obsessed with cupcakes these days.  She has a game she plays on Carly's iPod (the cupcake game), she has cupcakes in her play kitchen, and she asks if we can go to the real cupcake store nearly every day.  Finally, we had a good excuse to visit the real cupcake store on Saturday - Grandma Karen's Birthday!  Evie was quite pleased.



And, I have to update you on the basement...I won't go so far as to say it's done, but all the trim and all the painting is done!  My awesome parents devoted their entire day yesterday to helping us get the painting done, and our friend Tom spent his Sunday here doing the final construction of shelves.  The only things we have left are to clean up sawdust and do a final touch-up on the areas where the walls got scuffed during the process.  The finish line is in sight, and we are psyched!

Thank you, thank you, thank you Mom and Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment