Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Fair Time!

Looking like a big girl
As is tradition this time of year, we visited the fair!  It's just as much about the food as anything else, but Evie loved the rides this year, too.  We are going to have to bring her cousins with us in the coming years, because Matt and I could barely stomach the kiddie rides!

Maple donut, maple creemee, maple cotton candy, Al's fries, corn dog, fried dough

The carousel was her favorite!

The fair was fun, but here's a glimpse into a weekend day that is more of our normal pace - dog park, coloring, napping, and going to Daddy's gig.  We've been on the go a lot lately, and it felt good to have a relaxing day as a family! 

Potty training is still happening.  Evie tells us often when she has to go on the potty, but not reliably enough to be in undies.  She's really funny, because she has her little routine, and she likes to read magazines whenever she goes potty.  (I think I know a few grown-ups who like to do that, too!)  Last week, I was really impressed when she went into the bathroom, got her shorts and diaper off, and got on the potty all by herself.  Who knows, maybe she'll be potty trained before our basement is done at this rate!  Yes, we are STILL under construction.

It's a well-known fact that Evie is a Daddy's girl, but she is also a grandpa's girl, and she was so excited to have dinner with Grandpa Tom this week.  We are still working on getting her to warm up to Uncle Corey, but I think they're finally becoming buddies, too!




And, it goes against my better judgement to post this picture, but I can't resist.  I wonder if this is how Mozart got his beginnings?  Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment