We're all feeling a little paranoid about the weather here in Vermont, and I hope I don't jinx us by saying we have finally had some summery weather without rain! What could be better than eating creemees, going to the pool and going see Daddy's band play by the lake?
![]() |
| Evie on the left, Aunt Boo Boo on the right...just had to chuckle at the family resemblance! |
We also had a special family night out at Circus Smirkus last week (Evie has been calling it Snurkus Snurkus). It's an unbelievably talented group of kids that perform all kinds of acrobatics, and you know it was good if it held Evie's attention for the 2-hour show! I got a little misty-eyed as I watched Evie take in the performance and get into clapping and cheering for the performers. I'm just so grateful that we were able to share this experience with her!
We had a few quieter moments during the week, too:
| Tying flies with Daddy |
| Meeting the cutest little kittens |
And I have to include this one, because she NEVER lets Uncle Corey hold her!
![]() |
- "Pop-ska-ble" = popsicle
- "Mus-a-gick" = music
- "An-i-man-als" = animals
- "Baf" = bath
- "Loodles" = noodles
- "Walilla" = vanilla
- "I'm not doin' sumpfin" = I'm not doing something, which inevitably means that she is doing something bad!
- "I not can get it" = I can't get it
- "I neeeeeeed it" (I'm sure all 2-yr-olds say this!)
- "What dat? Who dat guy? What dat girl doin'?"- I have to constantly narrate our day, and it gets a little awkward when we're standing next to someone in the grocery store and Evie starts asking me a battery of questions about the person.
- "Nooooooooo Mommy, don't do dat"
- "Oh! Here you go bunny!" (lots of sentences begin with "oh!")






No comments:
Post a Comment