When I was a kid, our family vacations were spent at Shadow Lake, and I'm happy to be able to continue that tradition with Evie. The accommodations have been upgraded quite a bit since my childhood years, but the lake and the experiences remain the same. Fishing, swimming, kayaking, going for walks, playing board games, reading, going to Currier's Market, family dinners, and bonfires pretty much sum it up. There's no internet access, no cell phone coverage, and no TV! We have just returned from a week in this peaceful bubble, and it was great! Evelyn loved everything about it, especially having her cousins, aunt and grandparents around to entertain her 24/7. The rainy summer is continuing, but we at least had some time each day when we could play outside and enjoy the lake.
 |
| Warming up with Grandpa at the beach |
 |
| Playing with Mommy at the beach |
 |
| Camp bath |
 |
| Reading with Carly |
 |
| How do we look with 4 kids? :-) |
 |
| Fun at the beach |
 |
| Little troublemakers |
 |
| Ready to swim |
 |
| Grandpa with 4 out of his 6 grandkids |
 |
| Family photo |
 |
| Moose at Currier's |
 |
| Grandpa and Evie |
In addition to our trip to camp, we've been really busy with the basement project, but the painting is finally done (thanks to my dad and Matt's mom for all the help!) and the electrical will be hooked up on Wednesday. We will be down to the final couple of steps after that, and I cannot wait to start moving some toys down there considering the fact that we've had a play kitchen in our bedroom since January! The other big relief is that our basement has remained dry throughout the flash floods and unstoppable rains we've experienced in the past few weeks. Thanks be to God!
 |
| Painting party! |
And a few other random photos from the past couple of weeks:
 |
| We went strawberry picking before the rains ruined the rest of the berries. I think we ate more than we picked! |
 |
| Cousin Stefan's perfect berry |
 |
| Evie is currently obsessed with her Legos. They keep her busy for hours!! |
 |
| At least the grass is doing well with all the rain this summer! |
And this is really funny...here's a photo of me and my friend Amy from preschool (I'm on the right). I think I can see a little family resemblance between me and Evie (or is it just wishful thinking?).
Oh I miss your family camp at Shadow Lake! I'm so glad you all get to give such sweet memories to Evie too. I'm curious about the updates? I wish I was closer to come check it out. I randomly bought a Charleston Chew the other day and stuck it in my freezer. I don't think I've done that since the last time I went to camp with you all! Love your family!
ReplyDeleteAmanda, I'll have to see if I can dig up some pictures of all the renovations for you. You wouldn't recognize the inside - it's the "cottage" that my mom had always wanted, complete with a beautiful kitchen. If you end up making another 6-week visit to Vermont during Joshua's deployment, it might be worth a trip to Shadow Lake one day. I had totally forgotten about the frozen Charleston Chews...now I want one, too! :-)
ReplyDelete