We have been initiated into a club that no one wants to be a part of. The "my kid pooped in the bathtub" club. I'm usually very calm and collected in these sorts of situations, but I could hear the panic in my voice as I called to Matt to come help. Fortunately, he was level-headed and quickly made a plan for how we were going to clean up the kid, tub, and bath toys. In my head, I thought this only happened to
other people's kids! Here's the funny thing - Evie has started going on the potty in the past few days, and she's peed and pooped on the potty several times (sorry to those of you without kids - that's probably TMI!). We are still very excited for her potty success, but I can't figure out why this is the time that she'd poop in the bathtub.
 |
| After censoring, I'm not sure you can even tell what's going on in this photo! |
The only bad thing is that now we hang out in the bathroom A LOT. Evelyn announces that she has to go potty, and she wants us to go in there and read magazines to her while she sits on the potty (we have nearly memorized the contents of the Brookstone and LL Bean catalogs). Sometimes we'll sit there for 20 minutes and nothing happens, and other times it does. But really, what she's excited about is flushing the toilet and washing her hands afterward.
 |
| Good girl! |
Enough potty talk. We went hunting for our Christmas tree over the weekend, and it was lots of fun to take Evie out to trudge through the snow, make some snow angels (some more happily than others!), and watch Daddy cut down the tree. Once the tree was cut, Evie was tired, so I had to carry her on my shoulders while Daddy dragged the tree up out of the woods and back to the car - this was no small feat, but it was so worth it. Our tree looks great! Evie keeps announcing that it's "our Christmas tree" and telling us how pretty it looks.
I also came down with a stomach bug last week, so Daddy and Evie had some fun time together...
 |
| Feeding herself |
 |
| Chocolate cake?! |
And, we managed to get out for a family hike once I was feeling better. Is there anything cuter than a sleeping
baby toddler?
No comments:
Post a Comment