Tuesday, December 11, 2012

19 Months



Happy 19 Months to Evelyn!  I'm sure I'll jinx myself by saying this, but I feel like we have entered a stage where Evie is a little bit less demanding.  She still prefers to have Mommy or Daddy playing with her, but now she will entertain herself for a little bit so I can clean up dishes after breakfast, check my email, etc.  She also loves to "play kitchen" and pretend to make food for me while I'm doing chores.

Daddy thinks Evie should start learning equations with her blocks


Potty training is continuing to go well, which is still a shock to me.  I don't feel like we sat down and decided to start potty training - it has been Evie leading the charge!  She's also very into role playing, and we spent much of the day on Friday teaching all of her farm animals how to use the potty and pretending to change their diapers.


The phone is another fun role playing activity...of course Evie gets the iPhone and I get the land line.  I guess I'd better get used to it!

Eating is still a favorite activity, and I'm not sure where Evie learned to do this, but now she puts raspberries on her finger tips before eating them.  It's so funny!


Evie has been very into hiking (riding in a backpack while we hike) lately, and I realized it's because we have been going to the park after every hike.  It works out well, because Roscoe and Evie are both happy and tired afterward!


With the hustle and bustle of the holidays in full swing, we are especially thankful to have our families around to help.  Aunt Pea and Carly came and babysat Evie over the weekend so that Matt and I could go to a Christmas show, and my mom gave me a full day to go to Christmas shopping while she watched Evie on Monday.  These breaks are such a treat to parents!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I got to play flute with Carly for a few minutes when she came to babysit.  I can only hope that Evie follows in her footsteps!

In preparation for the holidays, we had some Christmas and 18-month photos taken of Evie, and here are a few of our favorites.  Try to act surprised when you get our Christmas card in the mail!  :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment