Playing in the sand box at Buttered Noodles, right before she put a big scoop in her hair
Evelyn's vocabulary has really been exploding lately, and we should have known that "NO!" would be coming before long. If I say, "Evelyn, would you rather have yogurt or applesauce?" she emphatically answers, "NO!", and sadly, she means business. She's not just saying it, but she's really exercising her opinion. Tonight I had to clean pureed peas off the carpet and wall after she batted it a spoonful of it away while saying "NO!" Wow...I'm afraid I can't blame this one on Daddy's genes (Mommy has a little bit of a stubborn streak). We are having a lot of laughs with this new stage, especially because she says it in such a funny way.
We had a couple of fun events over the weekend - first, we celebrated some Guzowski family birthdays by going out to dinner and having maple bacon cake (Corey's special request). Evelyn was a very good girl at the restaurant, which made us so happy!
Buttered noodles on the kids menu?! Yes, please!
Maple bacon cake!
We were feeling brave, so we took Evie to the fair on Saturday morning. We saw a lot of animals, had our fair food (Al's frys and a corn dog), visited the maple barn, and went on the carousel. When we got home, Evie proceeded to take a 3-hour nap, so I'd say she had fun!
Champlain Valley Fair
Moooooooo!
Baaaa!
Carousel
Mommy's looking a little motion sick, but Evie is loving it
The fair always seems to signify the end of summer, but we're hanging on to our summer activities as long as we can. Here are a few other shots of summery fun from the week!
Roscoe is not going to be sad when thunderstorms and fireworks are done for the season. Here he is hiding in our shower during a recent storm!
No comments:
Post a Comment