We have had a busy, fun-filled week visiting with my brother's family from Colorado. I especially loved seeing Evelyn with her cousin Aristea, who is just 1 year older than Evie. It's a nice little preview for us to see what our lives will be like in a year.
In the midst of all the family activities, we think Evelyn is working on some new teeth. Matt actually saw one of her molars poking through the surface, so we feel bad for her (and for ourselves for having to deal with her!). This made our trip to camp a little trying, because our normally great sleeper was resisting naps, waking up super early, and was cranky and whiny. Fortunately, she was happy to go to the beach, so we did have some time to relax!
We are also in the process of switching to one nap instead of two. For a while, Evie has been intermittently skipping her morning nap without much trouble, and lately she's been resisting her morning nap more often than not. Our doctor had warned us that she'd go down to one nap between 12 and 18 months, so we decided to take the plunge and try it consistently. So far, it's been so-so. I think Evelyn seems tired, but as long as I keep her busy, her mood is okay. I feel like I've had the more difficult adjustment, because I used to have two windows of free time during the day, and now I only have one. Evelyn is very busy when she's awake, so I don't get much done during her waking hours, and she can leave quite a path of destruction. I will figure it out, but right now, I feel like the house is a trainwreck and I'm exhausted by the time Evie goes to bed! Good thing she's such a cutie pie!
| First time coloring with crayons |
| Our little artist |

No comments:
Post a Comment