This summer has continued to be perfect for spending days at the pool and at Shadow Lake. I finally remembered to bring the waterproof camera to the pool, so you can see how much Evie loves it. The only down side to all this swimming is dealing with swim diapers. I've been using cloth swim diapers, which have been great until last Tuesday night...
We decided to go for a quick dip at the pool after work, but when we got to the pool, it was closed until 7pm. We went home and had some dinner before we planned to head back for our swim. Matt and I were marveling at how nicely Evelyn was playing with her toys, and then Matt goes, "What is that on her leg?" You guessed it - POOP! Now we had a mega poop-filled cloth swim diaper and a huge gross spot on the carpet. Needless to say, we had to skip the swim and go for a bath, laundry, and carpet cleaning project instead. Lesson learned: never trust a swim diaper!
We spent the weekend back at Shadow Lake with our friends Dileep, Melodie, and baby William, and it was so much fun. Not only because we left Roscoe at home (although that was very nice!). Evie's been saying everyone's name since we got home ("Deep", "Meh-mee", "Yih-yum") and wondering where all her friends went. We think it's especially cute that Evie thinks that all babies are named William, including every baby on the baby food jars and yogurt containers!
 |
| Evie and Willaim |
 |
| First corn on the cob |
 |
| Bed head |
 |
| Group photo |
 |
| The Glover town moose |
 |
| Chillaxin' at the lake |
 |
| Great beach day |
 |
| Big girl in a small chair |
The only other thing I will add (just because I want to remember this when I look back) is that diaper changes have gotten challenging. Evie resists laying on her changing table, and when she doesn't want to be there, she kicks - HARD! It's kind of like she's running in place, and unfortunately, it's about a 50/50 chance if I'm going to get kicked in the ribs while changing poopy diapers. Anyone have any good distraction techniques to get through this phase? I sing lots of songs while changing diapers, because that seems to work the best to keep Evie content. On a happier note, Evie has started saying "Mommy" and "Daddy" instead of "Mama" and "Dada", which is so cute. It makes her seem like such a big girl.
Here are a few other miscellaneous photos from the week:
 |
| What? I'm just reading my magazine on the stairs! |
 |
| Playing in the field at Grandpa Tom's house |
 |
| Dinner at Grandpa Tom's |
 |
| Eating a cherry tomato from our garden! |
 |
| Mommy's hair can be a fun toy for Evie |
 |
| ...but not always so fun for Mommy! |
|
 |
| Playing in the word garden at St. Mike's |
 |
| We couldn't get her to hold this one - it's hard to be 1 year old! |
 |
| Enjoying the St. Mike's campus |
No comments:
Post a Comment