I will confess that I don't have a lot of pictures from this week, because we have spent a lot of time outside, enjoying the crazy summer-like temperatures! We've been on walks, gone to the park, and just gone outside in the yard to enjoy the fresh air. In addition, my mind is a little preoccupied getting ready for our trip to Florida next week (YAY!!).
| Nike sandals...ready for the pool! |
Don't worry, we do have a few cute shots from St. Patty's Day on Saturday...
![]() |
| I don't get this shirt, so ask Matt about it... |
![]() |
| This is Matt's Dr. Seuss-looking hand holding his green beer! |
The biggest thing with Evelyn lately is that she is talking a ton, and she's usually at max volume (church has gotten very interesting for us). She tries to repeat everything we say, and she seems like a little parrot. Seriously, if you were to ask her, "Polly want a cracker?", she'd reply, "Ca Ca" (cracker). Kind of like when I asked if she wanted a bite of my chicken and she replied, "Cluck cluck." There are lots of "Ba" sounds in her vocabulary, and she's even learned to say Grandpa - "Ba Pa", which is SUPER cute. I think I saw both of her BaPa's melt last week when they heard it.
Playtime these days usually consists of Evelyn taking every toy out of her baskets, or every book out of her bookcase. Sometimes she'll play with the toys, but the allure is really the act of taking them out of the container. Lucky Mommy, who gets to put them all away! Once she's taken all the toys out, she loses interest and wants to practice walking. Given my desire for a neat and tidy house, this is a good exercise in letting things go and realizing the most important thing is for Evie to play, explore, and have fun. The messes will get cleaned up later. I do hope we'll be teaching her the skill of putting toys AWAY soon, though!
This is a small glimpse of Evelyn's handiwork unpacking toys in the living room
|


No comments:
Post a Comment