Big news, everyone...Evelyn is walking!
She spent the day at my parents' house when I was working on Thursday, and I got a call from my mom that Evelyn walked over to Matt when he showed up to get her at the end of the day. She had been close to walking before that, taking a few steps here and there, but suddenly she put it all together on Thursday. I had to chuckle at the timing, that we'll having a newly-walking baby taking her first plane flight all in the span of a week!
I was feeling kind of bad that I missed her first steps, but Evelyn has shown us a lot more walking since then! Fortunately, she's still a little bit careful, and she prefers to hold one of our hands as she toddles around unsteadily most of the time. As her mom, I'm slightly freaked out by this new development, but also tremendously proud of my strong and healthy baby girl. There's nothing that compares to the feeling of your baby running and diving into your arms.
Tomorrow, we leave for Florida, so we have been focused on packing over the past couple of days. I'm nervous, overwhelmed and excited for the trip, but as long as I focus on palm trees and banana daquaris, I feel just fine! We had a nice preview of the Florida weather last week in Vermont, with temperatures in the 70's and 80's, and Evelyn and I spent a lot of time outside. I am LOVING my part-time work schedule! Waving and pointing are huge things now, and Evelyn is communicating a ton between her babbling and pointing.
Roscoe is also enjoying the warmer weather. It makes it easier to dig to China!
My college roommate, Mary-Alice came to visit, too. It's hard to believe how much life has changed since we lived together 10 years ago!
And here are a couple miscellaneous pictures from the week. No guarantees on a Tuesday blog post next week, as we'll be traveling home, but I promise lots of pictures from our trip after we return!
![]() |
| I like to make messes!! |
![]() |
| Sometimes Mommy cuts up my food with scissors. She's kinda weird. |



No comments:
Post a Comment