This
week, we celebrated Matt's birthday (his actual b-day is February 3rd)
with burgers, beer, and cake. Evelyn had her first taste of cake, and
she LOVED it. Don't report me to child protective services, please!
 |
| Evie and Daddy with Aunt Kristine and Uncle Corey |
To
be honest, I feel like it's been kind of a challenging week with
Evelyn. She's been kind of whiny and clingy, and we aren't sure why.
Is it just a phase? Is it her teeth? Is she tired? Does she have a tummy ache? Who
knows! This is one of the hardest things for me about being a mom - I
want to fix whatever is wrong, but sometimes that's just not possible.
 |
| St. Mike's shirt - YAY! |
I
feel like my "new mom" glow has worn off. I'm tired, short on
patience, and supremely bummed out that Matt is going to be gone this
weekend on the annual St. Mike's choir trip. Last weekend, Matt had
three rehearsals for the choir trip, and I took Evelyn to one of the
masses on Sunday. She was loud and challenging for the majority of the
hour-long mass. While I was trying to keep her from disturbing the
people around us, I was also trying to come to terms with my own
feelings that I'm no longer able to participate with the choir like I
once was able to do. I miss it. I'm sad that Matt gets to go on the
trip and I am staying home. I'm overwhelmed at the prospect of taking
care of Evelyn and Roscoe by myself for 3 days. It's a grand old pity
party for me right now!
 |
| Evie getting some Roscoe love |
Don't
worry, it's not all gloomy. There have been some bright spots. This
morning, I picked up Evelyn from her high chair and she snuggled in for a
hug, which she doesn't do very often. (As a side note, when do babies
start to enjoy snuggling with Mom and Dad?) After the hug, she leaned
in and gave me a big gummy kiss and then looked at me and said, "Ma ma!"
I was shocked, and I'm glad Matt was sitting there to see/hear it all!
These are the oh-so-important reminders that being a mom is the most
rewarding job I could imagine. Here are a few more reminders that life isn't so bad after all...
 |
| Trying out the Ergo carrier in backpack style - pretty fun! |
 |
| Using the Ergo backpack for a hike on Saturday |
 |
| It's never too early to start playing glockenspiel |
 |
| Grandma Guzowski Day - family resemblance much?? |
 |
| After many games of Words With Friends, Matt and I had an old-school Scrabble night |
 |
| Roscoe, that's not your blanket! Good thing you're cute! |
Shawn's brother's son is a little over 1 year old, and he seems to like snuggling a lot. When he sees his parents, aunts, uncles, and grandparents he'll put his arms out walk towards us and kind of snuggle in for a hug. It's very sweet. He also loves books, so he's always up for sitting on a lap to listen to a story.
ReplyDeleteAs always, I enjoy reading your blog! Glad to hear Matt had a nice birthday. It's a bummer that mom's can't do everything they did before baby, but maybe that will change once Evie is a little bit older.
Thanks for reading, Megan, and it's nice to know that we should have more frequent snuggles soon! :-) Hope you're adjusting to and enjoying life in Minnesota!
Delete