Tuesday, January 24, 2012

8.5 months, tired of winter

I have a little blogger's block, so I will compensate for some boring writing with cute pictures!  First, at the risk of sounding like I'm bragging, I have to say that Evelyn slept in until 9:15 on Saturday morning and 8:30 on Sunday!  The stars must have aligned, because rarely do her sleep-in days match the days that we can sleep in.  It was such a treat.

Over the weekend, we had a fun day of running errands as our little family (that's right - errands can be fun!).  We made it a combination of shopping for kid stuff, shoes for me, and going to the Magic Hat factory for Matt (well, both of us, really).  It was fun to be out and about as a family, and Evie was so good the whole time.  While we were out, we bought Evie her next car seat, because there was a great deal at Costco.  We aren't going to switch her over quite yet, but we've got it ready to go!
New car seat
I think I've mentioned before that I really enjoy getting out of the house and doing things on the days when I'm not working, even if it's just a matter of going out for a walk.  The past few weeks have been challenging, because it's been cold and VERY icy.  Like a skating rink, in fact.  I don't feel safe walking, let alone strapping Evelyn to me and walking Roscoe on a leash.  On Friday, I drove over to the outlets, thinking the sidewalks would at least be cleared there so we could walk around.  They were clear, but they were also so salt-covered that Roscoe was hopping on 3 legs (the salt bothers his paws), and meanwhile Evelyn was freezing cold, yet repeatedly pulling her hat off and crying, and my eyes were watering because I was freezing (it was only about 18 degrees).  We lasted for 5 minutes outside, then I put Roscoe in the car with the heat on and I went shopping at Carter's with Evie.  Sometimes I wonder if it's worth the effort to leave the house!
I don't see why she won't keep her hat on!  Ha ha ha!
The weather finally cooperated on Sunday, and we took Evie and Roscoe out in the little bit of snow that we have.  The fresh air was so nice!
Back seat buddies all ready for an outing
Evelyn is still not crawling, and I'm trying to remind myself that all babies are different.  She is showing even more interest in walking, though, and she'll take a few steps while holding on to our fingers if we encourage her.  She is loving all her new foods, and she's also getting better at expressing her opinions about things and batting things away.  That's why we think this onesie is perfect!

Here are a few more cute pics from the week...
Evelyn's unicorn hairstyle was created with a unique mix of drool and pancakes
Hence, bath time





2 comments:

  1. Just a little word of encouragement about the crawling thing - Lara never crawled. She just went straight to walking. Who knows maybe that will be Evelyn. She is such a cutie. Hard to believe she's already 8 months old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! That definitely helps me to feel better! We can't believe how fast these 8 months have gone by, either.

      Delete