This was a cute set of pictures I took of Evelyn in honor of her turning 8 months old last week. Matt thinks the ears on her hood look like devil horns.
 |
| Checking out her tooth |
Evelyn's first tooth has arrived! It's one of her bottom middle teeth, and the other bottom one is just about to break through, too. I can tell it feels different to her, because she's been making all these weird expressions, sucking on her tooth, sticking her tongue out, and chewing on one finger to check it out.
 |
| Weird tooth face, kinda grumpy |
We have been feeling more brazen this week in giving Evie little bites of lots of the foods that we're eating. She loves the event of eating (it must be she's her mother's daughter!), and she is so happy to be able to "participate" by sharing the same food we're having. This week, she has tried avocado, homemade macaroni and cheese, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin bread, pizza crust, whole wheat bread, and she's loved it all. She's kind of a smasker when she eats (especially with the pancakes), and she often babbles, "Mmmmm, mmmum, mmmmum" as she enjoys her food. The only down side is that her high chair is next to MY seat at the dinner table, so I am the one who ends up sharing my dinner with her!
 |
| Pumpkin Pancake breakfast |
Evelyn is increasingly interested in standing up these days, so we spend a lot of time sitting on the floor and helping her with this endeavor. She isn't really pulling up on furniture much, but we are going through and putting anti-tip straps on all the tippy furniture now before that phase sets in. I don't think it'll be long!
 |
| Feeling brave and letting go of Mommy's hands |
This week I want to say a special thanks to all of our family that is so helpful with Evelyn. Between Evie's two grandmas watching her when I'm at work, my mom babysitting so we could have a date night, extra help from Grandma Karen while my parents are out of town, Matt's dad hanging out with Evie so we could exercise Roscoe in the frigid weather over the weekend, Aunt Pea babysitting so I could go get my hair cut, special visits from Aunt Kristine and Uncle Corey...the list goes on. We are so grateful for all of you, and Evie is too! It's amazing how much a break from our [mostly] sweet daughter can help us to be better parents.
We also booked our first airplane ride with Evelyn for March. We are looking forward to meeting Uncle DJ, Aunt Katie, and cousins Stefan and Aristea in Florida for a nice getaway. I am nervous about all the packing and flying with an infant, but I'm also really excited. We welcome any travel tips from those of you that have been there and done that before!
 |
| Roscoe kisses - at least her mouth is closed this time! |
 |
| New hand-made sweater from Great Aunt Mary |
 |
| Our little drummer girl |
I swear she gets cuter each month. Love her!
ReplyDeletePlan her feeding for take-off if you can. Emma was wonderful on the plane. Bring lots of toys, but bring them out one at a time so she doesn't get bored with them.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tips, Audrey! We will definitely try those things on our flight.
Delete