Evelyn is 30 weeks old today (I should probably stop counting in weeks soon, because I'm having trouble keeping track!), and she'll be 7 months old on Saturday!! It was just about this time last year that we had our big ultrasound and found out that we'd be having a girl.
 |
| Just awakening from a nap, still looking a little sleepy. I love this one! |
Life with our girl is wonderful. Really. Of course I have moments of being frustrated, feeling like there's no time for me, etc., but overall, my feeling is one of great joy and fulfillment. Evelyn is sitting up very well now, and it's so nice to be able to set her down wherever I go in the house. Blow-drying my hair? Put her on the bathroom floor. Doing dishes? Put her on the kitchen floor. Folding laundry? Living room floor. She loves to just observe what's going on around her, and she's very aware when I leave the room. Her cry is different when I leave the room, almost like I've hurt her feelings by "forgetting" her, which sends me running back to her.
 |
| Trying some "puffs" baby snacks for the first time |
We got our Christmas tree this weekend, and I was so excited to get the lights up and all the musical ornaments out for Evelyn to see. She hasn't shown quite as much interest in the tree as I expected, but she seems to really like the lights on the mantle.
 |
| Our ginormous Christmas tree |
We also made it out for a nice hike around Indian Brook over the weekend, and I wore Matt's jacket with Evelyn zipped inside. It was chilly out, but she didn't seem to mind it. The biggest challenge is keeping her face warm...do any of you parents out there have suggestions on how to do that? We're thinking of trying a scarf, but we aren't sure she'll keep it on. Admittedly, I'm a little paranoid since my cheeks got frostbitten when I was an infant! (Don't worry Mom, I forgive you!)
 |
| Well, there's one option for keeping her face warm! Ha ha! |
 |
| Rosy cheeks after the hike, but happy as a clam! |
 |
| Family Indian Brook photo (Matt called me the two-headed woman) |
|
| | | And here are a few other pictures from the week: | |
|
|
|
|
| | | | | |
| | | | | | |  |
|
|
|
 |
| Visiting with her buddy Jenn |
 |
| Reading one of her favorite books - Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see? |
I just wish you included the snap shot of roscoe eating her face. It was so cute!
ReplyDelete