Evelyn is 13 weeks old today, and tomorrow she'll be 3 months exactly. That's the length of a trimester of pregnancy! We have had a busy week of social activities, celebrating family birthdays, visiting with friends and going to see Matt play drums at Breakwaters on Sunday. I continue to be a super proud mom, because Evelyn just goes with the flow and is fine with me dragging her all over the place. The only thing that's been a little difficult lately is that she seems to be developing a bit of stranger anxiety. She can tell when she's being held by someone unfamiliar, and she starts screaming! She is okay with me and Matt and some close family members, but other than that, she's fine with strangers as long as they don't try to hold her. I don't want to raise a sheltered kid, but I also feel terrible when she acts like that. Maybe we are just going to have a shy girl!
 |
| Hanging out with Grandpa at his b-day celebration |
 |
| Big smiles! |
 |
| Evie LOVES her daddy |
The other fun thing lately is that Evie is getting much better with her hand/eye coordination. She's able to look at toys and grab them, and she even reaches up and touches my face when I'm changing her diaper. It's so sweet! This is a great development, because it allows her to entertain herself for a little bit while I take a shower or do some laundry. The other bit of freedom I've been enjoying is that she's napping more regularly. The naps are usually less than an hour, but still, I can get a lot done in that amount of time with both hands free!
 |
| Just readin' a book! |
|
 |
Girls relaxation time!
|
I am realizing that Evelyn is kind of small compared to other babies her age. She weighs 11 lbs. 8 oz. now, but some of the other kids at play group weigh 15-17 pounds!! They look HUGE compared to her!
We are looking forward to the arrival of Evelyn's Aunt Katie and Uncle DJ, and cousins Aristea and Stefan from Denver tomorrow. Aristea is the cousin closest in age to Evelyn, and they both have a full head of hair, so we can't wait to see them together!
 |
| Enjoying the day at Breakwaters |
 |
| Matt and the King brothers at Breakwaters |
 |
| Hanging out with Aunt Pea at Breakwaters |
 |
| Hanging out with Tom before erupting into screaming (yup, you can see the frown starting to form) |
 |
| Matt's Conga-beaten hands after the gig. Ouch! |
No comments:
Post a Comment