Tuesday, August 30, 2011

16 weeks!

Trying out her high chair at the table
Evelyn is 16 weeks old today, and she is continuing to be a sweetheart.  She smiles all the time, and she's rolling over a lot from her tummy to her back.  She's starting to attempt rolling the other way, but she hasn't made it from her back to her tummy yet.  She's intrigued by people, so we set up her little high chair and she sits at the table with us when we eat now, and she loves it!  Sleep hasn't been going so well this week, but we think it must be a growth spurt.  She's been waking up once in the middle of the night to eat, then going right back down, and she's been eating more often during the day, as well.  It makes me realize how lucky we are for all the full nights of sleep we've gotten, because I've been TIRED just from a few days of the nighttime wake-ups!
Dinner with her favorite priest
Unfortunately, with the easy baby, it's the dog that's giving us headaches!  Amidst guests arriving for dinner on Saturday night, our neighbors called to let us know that Roscoe is back to barking a lot when we leave him.  We could tell that he had become more anxious since Evelyn's arrival, but it's become incredibly frustrating to see him revert like this.  People talk about it being hard to get out of the house with a baby, but for us, the hardest part is leaving our dog.  Back to square one with training...

On a happier note, Evie had  a playdate with her friend Carlee last week.  We think the two girls are going to be Essex Softball teammates in about 16 years!  Evelyn is 2 months older than Carlee, but they are pretty close in size.
Evelyn and Carlee.  Evelyn wins the giant head award!
I had the pleasure of getting back to playing my flute at church for the first time on Friday!  I wasn't quite as rusty as I expected to be, and I realized how much I've missed it.  It felt great to be back, and I hope to be able to play often this semester.  I can't say that I feel nearly as excited about returning to work two weeks from today!  Waaaaaaaaaaaah!

Evelyn also experienced her first tropical storm in Vermont on Sunday.  We were very, very lucky to be spared the worst of it.  It pretty much amounted to a rainy, windy day in which we didn't leave the house (hello, cabin fever!).  We went to see the water at the Essex Dam yesterday, which was shocking.  Matt wanted to take a bunch of pictures and video, but between my fear of heights and my maternal instinct to get Evelyn away from the raging water, I got off the bridge after about 30 seconds and waited in the car.  You can thank Matt for these photos!
We just took Roscoe swimming here a week ago, and there was a big grassy area that's now covered with water

Scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment