 |
| The whole family - we had family photos done! | |
|
We have had a fun week of spending time with our family from Colorado who were visiting us. Evelyn and her cousin Aristea are going to be trouble-makers together in a couple of years!
 |
| Cousin Aristea (15 months) and Evelyn (3 months) hanging out together. Can you see the family resemblance? |
Evelyn did great on her second trip to Shadow Lake, and then the week concluded with her baptism on Saturday. It was a beautiful ceremony, and Evie is very lucky to have two wonderful godparents and an awesome extended family to surround her with love and prayers.
 |
Baptism - she wasn't a fan of the water!
|
 |
We're happy...Evelyn's still recovering from her big bath!
|
 |
| Evie with her godparents at the baptism |
 |
Proud papa!
|
On Sunday, we had a BBQ with the other families from our childbirth class, which was a lot of fun! It's funny to see how different each baby is, yet how similar. Two of the babies are HUGE, and two are more petite (Evelyn being one of the littler ones), but they're all doing the same stuff developmentally. I loved hearing each person's birth story, especially since we had talked about our "birth wishes" ahead of time. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, but I'll post a picture when I get a copy from one of the other moms in the group.
Clearly, getting baptized only helped Miss Evelyn's sleep schedule, because yesterday was an epic day. She slept from 10pm-7:45am, got up and ate, and went back to sleep until 11:45am! She isn't a teenager yet, is she?
 |
| Grandpa LOVES his little girl! |
 |
| Happy family |
 |
| Girl cousins! |
 |
| Sweet sleepy face |
As far as new tricks, Evelyn is getting pretty good at grabbing things in front of her, and she's rolling from her tummy to her back more consistently. She's also laughing more and more, and last night, Matt got her giggling for about 5 minutes straight! We both had tears running down our cheeks, because her laughter was contagious! We wanted to get a video of it, but we had to just enjoy the moment while it lasted.
I'm starting to get that dreaded pit in my stomach about returning to work soon. My first day back is September 13th, which is approaching quickly. I think all the back-to-school advertisements are making me think about it even more! I am only going back two days per week, so I feel very fortunate that we have the flexibility for me to do that, but it's still going to be a big adjustment. The silver lining is that Evie will get to spend a day with each of her grandmas, and I will get to have an income again!
No comments:
Post a Comment