Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A nice strong heartbeat

I had a doctor's appointment today, and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. It was an absolutely amazing feeling, knowing that all these unpleasant symptoms are worth it. My eyes welled up as soon as I heard that "whoosh whoosh whoosh!"

Everything is continuing to go well with the pregnancy, and my belly is starting to expand. I have a few pairs of pants that are getting uncomfortable to button, but don’t worry, I am using a hair elastic to provide a little give at the waistline! I’m sort of in between sizes right now, not quite big enough for maternity clothes, but a little too round for my regular duds.

We had a great trip to Indianapolis over the weekend to see Matt's cousin play in an NFL game, and we got to catch up with some of Matt's relatives while we were there. It was so much fun to get a glimpse into the lives of NFL players, and we even bought our first baby outfit - a Colts onesie! I was a little nervous about traveling during pregnancy, but everything went smoothly, and I felt good the majority of the time. Matt’s relatives were great, making sure I was well-fed, well-rested and comfortable!

I have included a few photos with this post - one is from our 8-week ultrasound, where you can see our little kidney bean taking shape. The dark spot at the top of the image is the brain, and you can see the umbilical cord at the bottom. I also put up some of my favorite photos from our weekend in Indianapolis - I'm especially proud of my consumption of the foot-long hot dog!




1 comment:

  1. So happy you have a blog! The Riggens are all very excited to read your updates and welcome your new bundle next May. Love you! xo

    ReplyDelete