Friday, October 22, 2010

12 weeks

I am 12 weeks along today, and according to my weekly email from babycenter.com, the baby is now the size of a lime. No wonder my pants are getting snug! I just feel kind of chubby all over, like my butt and thighs are starting to pack on a layer, as well as my stomach. I got 2 huge bins of hand-me-down maternity clothes from Paula last weekend, so I'm stocked and ready to go as soon as I need them.

I had to begin talking to my boss this week about what I have in mind for plans surrounding maternity leave and how much I plan to come back to work afterward. It's kind of hard to imagine what life will be like after the baby is born, and therefore hard to make plans! I am hoping to take the whole summer off (are you jealous??), and then go back to work part-time in the fall, but there are still a lot of details to be ironed out. Speaking of work, we had a bake-off this week, and I was the runner-up (I only lost by 1 vote!) with my delicious cinnamon buns:


I think I'm starting to feel better, having a little more energy during the days, and I haven't had quite as many food aversions. Of course, just as I let my guard down, I have felt really nauseous for the past two mornings!

Cravings of the week: parmesan garlic artichoke dip (thank you Costco) with pita chips, peanut butter filled pretzel nuggets, cheese crackers.

Here are a couple 12-week photos so you can see how my bump is growing:

No comments:

Post a Comment