Saturday, October 30, 2010

Needing a pep talk

Hello everyone! Yesterday marked 13 weeks, so I only have one week left in the first trimester. Yay!! I think I'm still about the same size as I was last week, and I'm still employing the hair elastic to keep my pants buttoned. I also tried using my "belly band" a couple times this week, which was quite comfortable. It's basically a big stretchy tube of fabric that goes around the waist area to hold my pants up, and it just looks like I've layered a tank top under my clothes. I got another set of hand-me down maternity clothes from a friend at work, and I splurged on a few new things from Old Navy maternity, including a winter jacket, so I'm stocked and ready to go. According to babycenter.com, the baby is almost 3 inches long now (the size of a medium shrimp)!

Unfortunately, I haven't been feeling great, and I'm getting kind of bummed out about that. I threw up my breakfast on Thursday (yuck!), and then I went into work and was continuing to feel so nauseated that I had to go home. I took a 2-hour nap in the afternoon, and I fell asleep on the couch at 8:30. The biggest bummer was that we had tickets to see one of our favorite bands, Guster, and we had to miss the show since I wasn't feeling well. I guess this is just the beginning of the sacrifices we'll be making for the baby!

I got curious about where my organs will go to make room for the baby, and I found this interesting (scary) animation: http://www.msichicago.org/whats-here/exhibits/you/the-exhibit/your-beginning/make-room-for-baby/interactive/ Maybe it's better not to know! :-)

The baby news is public knowledge now - we made the big Facebook announcement last week, and we were overwhelmed by the love and congratulations we got from so many people. We also had a great brunch with our friends from the St. Mike's choir on Sunday, and we were able to share the news with all of them. It's already much more fun to be pregnant now that we're able to share the excitement with everyone!

Favorite food of the week: bagels with cream cheese!

Here are some 13-week belly photos:


No comments:

Post a Comment