Last week was another full week of year-end extra events, and coupled with a few very warm days, we can feel summer is getting close. I volunteered at Field Day and Noah's 5th grade trip to the town pool, and we had lots of swimming days with friends after school to combat the heat. I love volunteering at the schools and I'm savoring these last few field trips before Noah heads to middle school!
Baseball season has wrapped up for Noah, but he made the All-Stars team, so he'll be continuing for another few weeks. He saved up his birthday money and got a new bat, which he is soooo excited about!
 |
| Hitting the playground after baseball. Love it! |
There was hardly a moment to catch our breath all week, and Evie finished out the week with her 8th grade dinner/dance. This was a little more special than their usual school dances - they had a catered meal, an ice cream truck, and everyone got dressed up. Evie's past few years at EMS have brought so much growth, and it's going to be hard to say goodbye to this community.



The schedule took an extra-exhausting turn after the dance on Friday, when Evie and I departed for Boston at 8:30pm so she could compete in a dance competition at 9:30 Saturday morning. I don't love highway driving or night driving, and I was weary from the busy week (or month?!), but I powered through thanks to an evening nap and some caffeine before the drive. Evie did awesome in her competitions on Saturday and Sunday, finishing in the top half to top third of dancers each day. It was stiff competition and good practice for nationals, which are just one month away! A little bonus at the dance competition is that I had the chance to reconnect with a high school friend whose daughter was also competing. We haven't seen each other since high school, so it was pretty cool that our paths have crossed again in this way!
 |
| We stopped at a rest stop along the way, and Evie saw an Evelyn Coke in the vending machine. Despite our best efforts, we couldn't get it! So sad! |
 |
| Approaching the Irish Cultural Center - we love visiting this venue! |
 |
| Nap time after Day 1 of dancing |
 |
| Day 2 - time for the wig, ha ha! Yes, we do this on purpose! |
 |
| Evie and Amos representing McFadden |
 |
| Irish Curry fries are a favorite treat after dancing at the Irish Cultural Center |
 |
| High school buddies! |
Meanwhile, the boys had lots of active fun at home. From mountain biking to an impromptu baseball game and all-stars kickoff meeting, they kept busy and took care of everything at home in our absence.
 |
| First ride on the new (used) mountain bike! |
 |
| Planting sunflowers...now we need some sun! |
 |
| Frankie "helped" with the laundry |
No comments:
Post a Comment