Tuesday, February 28, 2023

All the Germs

It's been a rough week of illness in our house.  Noah has been coughing for what feels like a month, and it actually worsened to the point that we took him to the doctor.  And? His lungs are clear!  We just have to wait it out. 😭  The next one to fall was Evie.  She came home from school on Wednesday and dove onto the couch.  We checked her temp, and she had a fever and was super congested.  We took her to the doctor, and she ended up having a sinus infection.  Luckily within a couple doses of antibiotics, she was feeling MUCH better.  As a bonus, Thursday was a snow day, so she had a day to recover.  

Matt and the kids celebrated Ash Wednesday at home since Evie was sick

Evie made this candle holder in her art class at school!

Not feeling so good

Wednesday night, it was my turn to get hit. I haven't been sick this winter, so I was due, but I think I got hit the hardest.  I was overcome with exhaustion while I was playing flute at Ash Wednesday mass, and I couldn't wait to get home and rest.  I got home and promptly fell asleep on the couch, and proceeded to barely move off the couch for the next 4 days.  I have also had a really sore throat and dry cough. It wasn't Covid, but I have to wonder if it was the flu or maybe just a nasty virus.  A shout out to Frankie for staying right by my side while I've been sick. 💓


Such a good girl!

Matt has been awesome about taking care of me, the kids, and everything around the house, and my mom has also spoiled us with homemade soup and help with the kids.  I've been worrying about getting better in time for our trip to Florida this week, but it's looking like I'll be able to go.  We all need some sunshine to heal us!  

Simon got to stay for dinner one night! (before all the sickness) 

"Anything but a backpack" day at school - Evie opted for a guitar case

Noah managed to have some fun, even when he was under the weather

Snow day outdoor fun

Noah and Matt have been playing some video games during these sick days.

Matt and the kids made a little bonfire

Sledding fun

No comments:

Post a Comment