Tuesday, December 6, 2022

All I want for Christmas is...

I have to start with a funny coincidence that happened yesterday!  BOTH kids lost a tooth.  Noah lost his other front tooth at school (yes, all he wants for Christmas are his two front teeth!), and then when Evie got home, she had a loose tooth that came out, too.  Our household is keeping the tooth fairy busy!



It was back to the school routine last week, and we were all tired by the time Friday rolled around!  It was fun to have Advent calendars to open in the mornings before school, at least.  We celebrated the end of the week with some gingerbread house decorating (and ate a ton of candy in the process!).

Evie has quite the sense of humor!

Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar - amazing!!

Sibling crafting

Reading time

Gingerbread House 2022

The masterpiece



The weekend was all about getting the house decked out for Christmas!  We went to get our tree on Saturday, and it was raining.  It didn't dampen our spirits too badly, though, and we found the perfect tree!  Evie helped get the lights on, and then we saved the rest of the decorating for Sunday.  It's so cozy in our house now - I wish there was more time to relax and drink some egg nog!  Frankie was freaked out by the whole process, so she was following me around very closely.  As soon as I sat down, she sat on top of me!  I jokingly called her my "Holiday Helper," but I was craving a bit of personal space by the end of the day.




The One!


Thank you, Grandpa!


She had a pine needle stuck in her face!  Yikes!

Good work, Evie!



"Holiday Helper" in action

Evie was inspired by the Food Network Cookie Challenges.  She made all these cookies on her own, start to finish!



A new week is here, and we are in the full swing of activities again.  Noah's basketball season has begun, and Evie's activities continue, so the busy evenings are back, but it's all so much fun!  Noah is really excited for basketball, and I think it's going to be a great season for him.  

Even though basketball has begun, soccer play in the basement is continuing!  (Inspired by UVM and World Cup games)


No comments:

Post a Comment