Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Inspiration and Hope

I have to begin with the excitement that we have a new president!  Since the kids have remote learning on Wednesdays, we were able to watch the Inauguration with them (Noah didn't last long, though!).  My heart was full of joy watching such a momentous event with Evie, as we admired all the strong women who were part of the festivities.  I was also incredibly proud of the message our president shared in his speech, particularly the themes of unity and respect.  Evie took it all in and barely moved a muscle while she was watching it all.  Kamala Harris, Lady Gaga, Amanda Gorman, JLo - it was pretty amazing!




When the kids weren't at school, they worked tirelessly on the igloo with Matt, which they finished on Friday.  He has jokingly said that it needs its own address: 43 1/2 Fox Run Road!  Friends, neighbors, and even Grandma have come by for a tour.  Frankie has been in, and I've been in, but it makes me a little bit claustrophobic.  They finished their work just in time for a very cold weekend, which solidified the igloo even more.  We will see how long it lasts!



When not igloo building, the kids have been creating this "snow apartment"


Oh yes, it has lights!





Grandma Betti went right in to check it out!

I was really impressed, but I didn't feel relaxed in there.  I kept thinking about what I'd do if the ceiling caved in!

Daddy-Daughter happy hour in the igloo


Matt, Frankie and I snuck away for a snowshoe outing while the kids were at school on Friday, and it was really fun.  I'd say it's the closest we've come to going on a date in several months.  We were able to explore some new trails, hike a little farther than normal, and no one was complaining! :-)
Day date!





We had a couple fun weekend events despite the frigid weather (it was 0 degrees when we got up on Sunday!).  Evie and I layered up for a cold, yet beautiful hike with her Girl Scouts troop.  The girls amazed me with their energy and enthusiasm despite the cold.  And then we came home and celebrated the 1st birthday (via zoom) of our dearest little friend Patrick.  Thank goodness for technology to help celebrate together/apart.



Happy Birthday Patrick!



And here are some other glimpses of the ordinary moments during our week:
Noah visited the dentist (complete with fluoride on his nose and chin!)

Laundry helper...or not all that helpful

New mantle decorations made by our friend at church. Aren't they cute!

Remote learning on Wednesday

Remote learning with a fluffy helper

Evie and her classmate got to host the Bobcat News last week at school. She was thrilled!

Progress reports came home from school on Friday, and it is always nice to hear how our kids are doing from someone else's perspective.  We were super proud of our kids academically, but even more important, both of their teachers mentioned how kind and helpful they are in the classroom.  We were so proud!  As Evie and Noah basked in their success, they decided to get all ready for bed themselves, complete with matching PJ's and reading books together.  It was an A+ night!


Last, but not least, here is how Frankie spent her week:
Good girl waiting for her dinner!

Yet another ridiculous sleep position



I have told people that Frankie sleeps on my face, and this is evidence of it! I love her snuggles, but we are actually training her to sleep in her dog bed after we turn off the light.  Everyone sleeps better!

This giant puppy weighed in at 38 lbs. last week!

Noah wanted Frankie to try his hat on

Evie opted to dress Frankie in a t-shirt. She was so tolerant of it!

This is what Frankie loves the best!

Someone got in a little trouble while Mommy was unpacking groceries...she couldn't deny it with her chocolate beard! Luckily, she didn't get much chocolate, and it didn't make her sick. Never a dull moment with this pup in the house!


No comments:

Post a Comment