Last week boosted our spirits by delivering some warm and sunny weather for a few days. It's amazing how it helped us all to feel happier and more hopeful! I feel like we have been receiving these little "gifts" along the way that boost our spirits and help us get through - none of them have been particularly significant events, but they have been so appreciated. Here are a few: Sunny and 70 degrees all weekend long, we ran into friends from church on Sunday while out biking, we had a visit from the kids' school bus driver who brought bubbles for all the kids in the neighborhood, our neighbors held "band practice" outside and shared their music with everyone, and I found that coveted 25-pound bag of King Arthur Flour at Costco!
The kids got out every imaginable outdoor toy when the weather turned warm - bubbles, sidewalk chalk, water balloons, water guns, the hose, camp chairs, etc. We grilled burgers, went for lots of bike rides (the kids are now able to bike 7+ miles!), and had a couple of safely-distanced visits with family outdoors during the nice weather. A highlight during the weekend was when our neighbor's band held an outdoor practice and they invited neighbors to walk by and listen without actually gathering. It felt so...normal (!) to be able to enjoy live music outside on a beautiful evening.
 |
| A visit from Cousin Carly |
 |
| Grandma met us for a bike ride |
 |
| Cousin Colby went trail riding with us |
 |
| Biking buddies |
 |
| The kids have found these little "bike jumps" in a nearby parking lot, and it has provided hours of entertainment! |
 |
| Enjoying some live music from a safe distance |
I also took advantage of the warm weather and gave the boys a hair cut outside. I was feeling apprehensive, because the last time I cut hair was on my Barbie dolls! With the help of a few YouTube videos and a set of clippers, I was able to get them cleaned up. I hated having hair all over me, though, and I can't wait until they can get back to the salon for their regular cuts!
On the less sunny days, we enjoyed an online Girl Scouts meeting, Jazzercise, new-to-us games Blokus and Bingo, fishing at Indian Brook, homemade pizza night, music-making and puzzles. Overall, it wasn't a bad week! The kids even behaved so well one day that they earned a sibling sleepover night.
 |
| Science experiments with Evie's Girl scouts troop |
 |
| Homemade Lava Lamp |
 |
| Ooblek (I love Evie's face here!) |
 |
| Jazzercise with a cute sidekick |
 |
| Book buddies |
 |
| Pizza night! |
 |
| Side note: homemade pizza dough makes A LOT of pizzas! But it's delicious! |
 |
| Puzzle time |
 |
| Blokus |
 |
| Bingo |
 |
| Evie's first fish of the season! |
 |
| Evie has been playing recorder a ton! I had to join in the fun. |
 |
| Matt has been working on recording some songs with King Me, and he had me try my hand at it. I'm not a natural on drums! |
Sibling sleepover: Started in one room, ended in another!
No comments:
Post a Comment