Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Impending change

Well, here we are at the finish line of summer vacation, and it always makes me kind of sad.  Summer goes by too quickly!  We spent lots of time at home over the past week and enjoyed the unstructured schedule.  It was fun to watch how the kids filled their time, from making a truck mechanic shop, to mini golf, baseball, and board games.  I will definitely miss these moments in the fall.


Helping Daddy repair the washer







Trying out my skills in the batting cage

Noah loved running the bases

A fun game of Suspend

Family jam session

My drummer boy

I took a beginner's ukulele class on Saturday, and the kids were very interested in the ukulele I brought home


Too much fun!

Roscoe is tired from all the activity too


Mom's night out! 
An awesome evening with this group of EHS buddies


Both kids had their back-to-school ice cream socials last week, which really made it feel official that summer is ending.  The transition of Noah starting kindergarten has been weighing on my mind and heart for months, and visiting his school and classroom makes it feel very real.  I can tell Noah is a little nervous, and he nearly broke my heart when he said, "Mommy, I'm scared for kindergarten," and when I asked him why, he said, "I'm worried I'm going to miss you too much."  Evie is also feeling a little uncertain as she starts in a new school this year, so we have been doing our best to reassure everyone (including ourselves) that everything is going to be okay.  Deep breaths...we can do this!
Our Kindergartner

Noah's cubby in his new classroom


These silly girls were wishing to go back to kindergarten and 1st grade!

3rd grader!


Our end-of-summer tradition is to go to the fair right before school starts to keep our minds off the impending start of school.  We spent a beautiful day Monday visiting animals, eating a ton of food, and riding rides. Everyone came home happy and exhausted!

Evie is sitting on a huge oxen - what a beautiful and gentle animal!




Awesome sand sculpture

Frosted flakes-crusted chicken on a stick.  Matt was VERY excited!

Evie was on this crazy high ride!  Mama stayed with two feet on the ground.


This one nearly pushed us over the edge with motion-sickness




Wacky worm ride





We were dying for some veggies when we got home. Too much junk food!

No comments:

Post a Comment