Thank goodness that I had several dear friends visiting last week, because it was a rough week in the life of this mom. We have really been struggling with our kids attitudes, arguing, and Noah's physical response to being upset. When he doesn't want to have a time-out, he will kick, scratch, scream and spit at me. I reached my breaking point in the middle of last week, when Matt left work to bail me out, then sent Noah off with Grandma Karen until dinner time. Sometimes I don't know what we are doing wrong. Sigh.
 |
| Baby Emily's first visit to the pool |
 |
| Slip and Slide fun |
 |
| Caroline and Evie's tower |
 |
Dinner picnic with friends
|
 |
| Grumpy faces while eating smores?! |
 |
| Smores with a view |
 |
| Love thsese girls! |
 |
| Evie and Caroline looking for hot air balloons |
 |
| Obstacle course (Girl Scouts fun!) |
It was also a week of nostalgia for me, visiting the Drury house, where my best friends lived when I was a kid. Our friends are the new owners of the house, and I am so excited to continue making memories at this special place. We even found my graffiti in the barn from 25 years ago!
 |
| "Erin and Amanda Best Friends Forever" - such dear memories at this house! |
 |
| We had lots of fun times with this old chimney hole |
 |
| I can't possibly remember how many board games and dress-up were played in this room |
 |
| Looking forward to lots of fun with the Stewart family in this home! |
I know most people feel like the summer has been too hot, but we have been loving our time at the pool. This seems to be the one cure for everyone's grumpy moods!
 |
| Pool time is even better when the ice cream truck comes by! Nice chocolate mustaches, you two! |
And here are a few other moments of non-pool fun!
 |
| Mister Chris in concert |
 |
| Evie trying out Ashlee's "hog" |
 |
| Noah liked the "hog" too! |
 |
| Lake swimming |
 |
| A beautiful night at the lake |
 |
Evie admiring the lake
|
 |
| Get Air |
 |
| Jumping their crazies out |
 |
| The block pit was Noah's favorite |
 |
| Wind tunnel fun |
 |
| Elliot gave tractor rides - he's a great driver! |
 |
| It was time to say goodbye to our old bikes. I was kind of sad! |
 |
| Matt wasn't too sad to bid goodbye to the Sunchaser |
No comments:
Post a Comment