Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Birthdays, Birthdays, Birthdays!

Last week, Noah had his first field trip, and I was able to go along with the bus full of preschoolers to visit the Audobon Center.  The kids learned about owls, and then they even had the chance to dissect an owl pellet.  That pushed me a little outside of my comfort zone (mouse bones and fur - eewww!), but it was a new and exciting experience for the little ones.




The beginning of February is always busy with birthdays in our family.  Grandma Barb was first, and while she doesn't really even know what a birthday is anymore, we visited her and celebrated her 90th birthday by spending some time together reading birthday cards and doing the thing that brings her the most joy - singing songs.  Music is such a part of my soul, and I am grateful that I can share that with Grandma Barb.


The next birthday was Matt, and we got to celebrate him over the course of the weekend.  We tried our best to spoil him, but I still caught him doing laundry and vacuuming on his birthday!  We continued the celebrating with some great Super Bowl food, and the kids actually enjoyed watching the first half of the game with us.







Last, we got to celebrate Aunt Pea's birthday yesterday!  It's so fun to be able to celebrate these special days with family, but now it's time to take a break from cake for a while!




And here are a few other cute moments from the week.
Groundhog Day mask

Lego birthday cake for Daddy

Tired moms and dads like FULL cups of coffee, ha ha! 
The kids treated us to a puppet show that they made up themselves

This face melts my heart

Our old hound dog still LOVES hiking in the woods

Some days, we play pretend napping.  I like it when it's my turn to get tucked in for a nap!

Noah suddenly outgrew all his warm PJ's and had to borrow some of Evie's old ones for a couple nights.  I love the puffy shoulders on him!  :-)

Wishing for some new snow - this dirty salty ice isn't much fun for playing!

UNO has been our new favorite family game

No comments:

Post a Comment