Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Summer livin'


The past week was spent getting caught up on life - groceries, bills, haircuts, the library, open gym, some swimming and play dates.  There was a lot of time spent dodging rain showers, but the weather at least cooperated for us to celebrate Nana Mil's 90th surprise party outdoors!

Surprise!
Evie swam for about 7 hours straight at the party

Toasting Millie

Matching outfits

Pool shenanigans - notice how high Evie was tossed in the air!
 
Not a great pic, but Noah can crush the baseball...and he bats lefty.  A boy following after Grandpa Zeke and Grandpa Hank.

Fun at open gym

A cute moment of playing together

Slip-n-slide fun play date with Lucy
A couple highs and lows from the week:


Highs:

  1. Spending Saturday afternoon and evening swimming and celebrating the matriarch of our family.  Happy 90th Nana Mil!
  2. Trying Hannaford's order-ahead grocery service.  I didn't even get out of the car when I picked up my stuff, and I didn't have to grocery shop with both kids in tow!  Where was this when my kids were babies?!
  3. Enjoying the amazing free programs that our library offers during the summer and reconnecting with many friends every time we go.



Lows:
  1. Saying goodbye to Kendra, who has been cutting Matt's hair for years and the kids' hair since they were babies!  We will miss her (especially Noah!).
  2. After a week at home, I felt like I was going to be buried alive in Evie's art projects sprawled around the house.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment