Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Two Wheels!


The big news in the Guzowski household is that Evie is riding her bike without training wheels!  We had attempted it last summer, and it didn't go well.  Lots of whining, stomping and frustration.  This year was a completely different story.  Evie saw another girl in the neighborhood learning to ride, and she had her mind made up to learn that day.  I give her credit, because she used her feet to ride like a balance bike for a bit, but within 30 minutes, she had it.  She wouldn't even let me hold on to the seat to steady her.  I was so proud to see her keep trying and figure it out on her own, and then feel so free and happy that she could ride with confidence!  I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, so I went ahead and did both.  :-)  She has been riding all over the neighborhood since then, with me running behind her and trying to keep up.



To round out Evie's awesome week, she also had Crazy Hair Day at school on Friday, and she was really excited to have cupcake hair!


Noah has had some incredibly challenging behavior over the past week, bringing me to tears one day.  I have a really hard time with him when he gets physical to the point of hitting me.  Not only am I frustrated, but it hurts!  Last Tuesday, things were going so badly, that I loaded him in the car, because it was the only way I could escape his abuse for a bit.  We ended up walking around at the waterfront, and he had a complete change of mood, then for the next three days, he was as sweet as could be.  This kid has BIG feelings, and "terrible twos" are no joke with him!

Helping with chores

Bathroom cleaning!

Lunch date with Onyx

Making music with mama

We have all enjoyed having Aunt Boo Boo and Will in town this week, too!
April birthdays!

Evie vs. Will - I'm not sure who is having more fun?!

Grandpa vs. Evie at air hockey

Fun night out with Grandpa, Aunt Boo Boo and Will

A heated game of Zingo

And a couple bonus photos:
I made this bread!!  I have to brag because it came out SO GOOD.

Our old gray hound dog <3

No comments:

Post a Comment