Evie has had a lot of deep thoughts lately. I can tell she is understanding more about the world around her, and sometimes the questions are really hard to answer. When she was sick a couple weeks ago, I was rubbing her back and she said, "Mommy, do kids ever die?" Wow. The next week, she asked a lighter question, "Mommy, how do you get haircuts in heaven?" Honestly, it freaks me out when she asks these things, because I don't want her going to heaven anytime soon, but I do my best to answer her honestly without making it seem scary. I'm also glad that she is taking in some aspects our faith and trying to make sense of it.
Noah spent several days out of commission with a fever last week, and then he has been completely grumpy and combative since then (throwing things, screaming, hitting me when I try to change his diaper, etc.). I'm pretty sick of hanging out with him, to be perfectly honest. And, now Matt and I have caught the kids' germs. Mercy, please!
The saving grace of the week was the beautiful weekend. Bluebird skies after 5 days of snow made for perfect conditions for igloo building, snowshoeing and sledding. The sun actually felt warm, and I just wanted to lay there and pretend I was on a beach somewhere!
 |
| Ninja Dad pulls both kids uphill through the snow |
 |
| The snow on the trees was unbelievable! |
 |
| This old hound acted like a puppy when we were out snowshoeing |
 |
When I tried to bask in the sun, the kids thought they should join me!
|
And, there were a few other small victories from the week:
 |
| Love for Mama! <3 |
 |
| Evie finished reading this entire book on her own. She has been working on it for several weeks! |
 |
| Evie actually snowshoed for a good part of the hike - she got so warm she had to go down to a t-shirt by the end! |
 |
| Success at Bingo night at Evie's school. Someone is happy! |
 |
| Noah FINALLY peed on the potty a couple times last week! Perhaps the M&M bribes are working? |
No comments:
Post a Comment