Ugh, it was a rough week in the Guzowski household. There was a lot of vomit (even though no one had the stomach bug!) - Evie had such a high fever that she vomited, then Noah had so much coughing and congestion that he got sick all over his crib several times. Evie's fever was around 102 for a couple days, and we finally took her into the doctor on Wednesday and found out she had a double ear infection. It was scary, because she was literally sleeping all day for two days, not eating, barely drinking, and even after she got on the antibiotics, it took her a while to start feeling better. She is still having some trouble hearing, but mostly feeling better. The poor girl missed 7 out of 10 school days!
 |
| Sick baby girl |
 |
| Feel better flowers and balloon from Grandma Karen - so sweet! |
 |
| Oh, this is just as gross as it looks. Sorry! |
 |
| I knew Evie was starting to feel better when she asked me to play a game of Parcheesi |
 |
| Lots of snuggles and stories with sick kiddos |
When Friday came, and Evie was well enough to go back to school, I started to breathe a small sigh of relief. However, Friday was Matt's birthday, so there was a lot to do, and #1 on my list was baking his special birthday cake. While the cake was cooling, Noah and I stepped out front to do a little shoveling and get some fresh air, and when we came in, Roscoe had jumped on the counter and eaten half of one of the cake layers! Part of me was so angry I hoped he would die of chocolate poisoning, but the more rational part of me called the vet to make sure he was going to be okay (that lucky dog had no ill effects!). So, at this point it was 2:30. Noah needed a nap, and we had to be at a restaurant for dinner at 6. Could I make another cake, cool it, and frost it before we went? Yup! It was a crazy day, but my hubby is worth it! He is so good to us all year long, and I wanted to be sure he felt special on his birthday.

The birthday celebrations continued on Saturday, and again on Sunday. We celebrated Aunt Pea's birthday and the Super Bowl with lots of food and fun, but the party got off to a rocky start. (I told you it wasn't our best week ever). I was working on a batch of nachos in the kitchen when I heard one of the kids say, "Noah just puked!" WHAT?! I thought we were going to be packing our bags and leaving the party before the football game even started, but it turns out that Noah had choked on a snack. Noah recovered, Matt steam-cleaned the carpet, and the party carried on! Here's hoping for a more normal week this week.
 |
| Finally feeling well enough for a little snowy fun. Ahhh, the fresh air was glorious! |
No comments:
Post a Comment