Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Christmas crazies

Ok, I'm convinced there is something about the anticipation of Christmas that brings out the worst behavior in our kids.  Silly nonsense words, crazy bodies, and out-of-character bad attitudes.  For example, Evie was so excited to go to the Train Hop in Essex on Friday evening.  It was bitter cold out, but we bundled up and went.  After about 15 minutes, she declared that she was bored, cold, didn't like her hot chocolate, and wanted to see Santa.  Noah loved the trains and would have stayed in one place watching them all night.  When we tried to say hello to some friends, Evie started loudly complaining about how cold she was and couldn't stand there for ONE MORE MINUTE!  But those elf hats were pretty darn cute, at least!



Thank goodness they had a few redeeming moments so we didn't completely give up on parenting!
An intense game of "Don't Break the Ice"

Matt and I had a fun Christmas party in some pretty hideous outfits on Saturday evening.  So fun!

My new favorite thing is that Noah has been very into snuggling with me on the couch.  I was feeling run-down one day last week, and decided to give myself a 15 minute cat nap.  Within two minutes, both kids wanted to join me, but Noah has made a habit of it since then.  He never slows down, so the fact that he will snuggle on the couch and read books is quite a treat.

Evie has been doing really great in school, and we got to join her for a special event on Friday.  They had some special math games set up in each classroom, and then all the kindergartners did a sing-along in the gym for the families.  It was adorable, and Noah loved having a chance to see Evie at school!  I have also been volunteering in her class weekly, which I really enjoy, and I feel very loved when all the kids give me big hugs and beg me to stay for lunch.  We are grateful for such an awesome school.
Note the Christmas crazy attitude in photo #2!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment