Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Back to the grind

My two or three loyal blog readers (ahem, Mom, Grandma Karen, and Aunt Donna) may have noticed that there was no blog last week.  I will categorize it as, "If you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all."  I usually write the blog posts on Monday nights, but Noah refused to go to bed that night, and after 2.5 hours of taking turns with Matt and trying to get him to sleep, I was mentally fried, and I may have even told Matt that I didn't like Noah anymore.  (Sorry Noah, I DO love you!).  Just as I was feeling so defeated, I walked down to the play room and saw this on the floor.  Is there anything sweeter?
Evie's artwork

Now, it's a new week.  We are back into routine after a nice break for the holidays, and everyone is back to sleeping (knock on wood!).  It's amazing how quickly we feel like crap when our kids have a bad night or two in a row.

I'll give the quick run-down of fun stuff we've been up to: igloo building, swimming lessons, a gymnastics party, arts and crafts, and lots of Lego building.  Oh, and drumming.  Lots of drumming (Noah). We're in the honeymoon phase of enjoying all the new activities that the kids got for Christmas, so being at home is lots of fun right now!
Evie's first swim lesson with Annie!  So wonderful!


Evie in the foam block pit at the gymnastics party












I had one of these weaving looms as a kid.  I was excited to try it again!



Our special New Year's visitor - Noah with his great-great aunt Joan

And here was my first heartbreak for 2016...we discovered that our chest freezer hadn't been closed tightly for over 2 days, and a TON of food was ruined.  Tons of meats from Costco, homemade pesto, fresh berries I had frozen during the summer, a bunch of Trader Joe's stuff...basically our entire stash of easy meal stuff!  Both the cost and the volume of waste had me in tears.  The only silver lining is that we're starting the year with a clean freezer!

No comments:

Post a Comment