As I looked back through my pictures for the week, I realized that we basically like to swim, go for walks, and eat yummy food. Is there anything better to do in VT during the summer? I think not.
We spent a lot of time at our pool enjoying the warm weather, and we also went with friends to Maple Street pool on Saturday. The last time I was there was when I was in middle school, before the whole pool facility had been renovated. Times have changed in the 20++ years since I was last there. It was so much fun for the whole family, and I can't believe this is the first time we've been there with the kids. It's safe to say that everyone's favorite part was the water slide (yes, even Noah went down!).
On to the walking part of the week. Jenny and Onyx came over, and we took a nice long walk to the park. I love the "mom therapy" of chatting and walking, and Evie had fun being the big sister to both boys. All three kids snoozed on the way home, so I think we tired them out. Too bad the moms didn't get to catch a nap, too!
Evie has been really excited about going for "long" bike rides lately, and she got the idea that she wanted to ride her bike to Sweet Clover Market. It's about 1.5 miles from our house, and our girl peddled those little legs the whole way. We made it there just in time, because it started downpouring as we enjoyed our celebratory creemee. Fortunately Matt bailed us out with a ride home!
This season is not only awesome for all the outdoor fun, but also for the beautiful garden bounty. We were happy to babysit my parents' garden and collect all the fixings for a batch of homemade salsa. YUM.
![]() |
| Farmer's Market fun |
![]() |
| Breakfast by Evie - homemade scones with rainbow sprinkles and strawberries |
![]() |
| SamScones - in loving memory of Sam Cohn! |
![]() |
| Mary-Alice visited and was sucked into playing Parcheesi too! |
Each day Noah seems to have new words (or sounds), and here are a few words in his current vocabulary:
- pop (popsicle)
- pup (cup)
- cra-cker
- chhhsss (cheese)
- dis (this)
- bampa (grandpa)
- mama, dada
- meguhhh (milk)
- ghen (again)
- ledder-ledder (peanut butter)
- NANA (banana)
- fshhh (fish)
- guk (nuk - his pacifier)
- too shush (toothbrush)
- tab (teething tabs)
While he prefers to be causing mischief, he is really having fun with the play kitchen and play grill and he loves to turn everything into a drum. I can't wait to see if he turns out to be a drummer like his daddy, or if this is a passing phase.
![]() |
| Daddy likes to play in the play room too! |
![]() |
| Noah knocked this over like King Kong as soon as he could |
We used Noah's percussion skills to honor our dear little friend Joshua who passed away almost two years ago. He would have celebrated his 8th birthday last week, and he loved drumming, so we sent some special rhythms up to heaven for him.

















No comments:
Post a Comment