 |
| Having our niece Carly work as a mother's helper is so awesome! We enjoy lots of pool time together. |
I hate to even utter these words, but it feels like summer is starting to wind down. We are cramming in all the summer activities we can during these final few weeks before Evie starts school again. As Matt said to me the other day, the hardest part is that we will have to be somewhere in the mornings at a certain time. Ugh. While I have my frustrating and exhausting days of being a stay-at-home mom, lazy mornings are a luxury I enjoy!
 |
| Cramming herself into Bitty Baby's crib |
 |
| Jumping on the trampoline like a big boy |
 |
| Gasp! Playing together?! |
In the spirit of enjoying summertime, we ventured out to see Matt play with King Me last week, and we got caught in a storm that rolled across the lake while we were sitting outside enjoying the band. The skies opened up, and I was left out in the rain with both kids, a stroller, diaper bag, two plates of food and a nearly full beer. I was starting to panic at the amount of stuff I had to move through the stampede of people heading inside when our friends Glenn and Mary Anne saw my need and generously came over to help me and the kids. They even saved my beer! Matt had a different panic going on, trying to keep the rain from damaging his percussion gear. Several friends helped him, and fortunately, everyone and everything dried out by the next day.
 |
| Lots of soggy percussion gear drying in our basement |
 |
| Enjoying some of the non-rainy time at Breakwaters |
Noah's walking is now becoming a mode of transportation for him, and not just a novelty. I'm having a moment of "Waaaaaah! My baby is growing up!" but I'm also so proud of him, and he looks really cute toddling around the house saying "Mama!"
 |
| So big! |
 |
| A collage of Noah's favorite foods: veggie straws, cereal, milk, cheese, yogurt. He loves baby food fruit/vegs but doesn't seem to enjoy the texture of the fresh ones yet. |
No comments:
Post a Comment