Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Changing gears

As we sit here on the cusp of the new school year beginning, I'm feeling bummed.  (I get this way every year).  Yes, I've had my exhausting, frustrating, sweaty days home with both kids, but we've become this little pack that is soon going to be missing a vivacious member three days a week. I'm consoling myself with the promise of a little time to catch up around the house, run errands, play my flute more regularly, and reply to emails that have been lingering for weeks.  Evie has said that she is half nervous and half excited for the school year to begin, but she definitely seems more excited this year, now that she knows what to expect from last year.

It wouldn't be a new school year without a new haircut, and Kendra was so sweet to give Evie some princess curls when she was done!

Noah is making sure that we don't waste too much time being sappy, because he sprouted a new tooth and has been screaming a lot.  It happens all throughout the day, but especially at meal times and when we don't let him get his way, he will shriek and leave our ears begging for mercy.  This kid is loud!
We are the ones that need the headphones to survive his screaming!

We have been keeping ourselves busy and enjoying the final (very hot) week of summer with, what else?  Swimming, biking, watermelon and basking!   



She found a special caterpillar on her bike ride
Playing like a big boy at the library
Beer bloopers - it's frozen!
Pleeeeeeease can I come out and play?

DANGEROUS!  EEK!

Bubble fun
Thanks for the awesome summer, my girl! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment