I am having a hard time remembering much other than watching March Madness this past week! We actually had quite a busy week, between St. Patty's Day, a visit with our dear friend Lora, a trip to ECHO, a lice scare at school, dentist appointments, and Evie's first trip to the movies, we packed a lot in.
![]() |
| Lots of green for St. Patty's Day |
We loved having the opportunity to see our friends Lora and Steve and meet their 6-week-old adorable, sweet baby boy. He is smaller at 6 weeks than Noah was AT BIRTH. Noah looked like a humongous toddler next to this little peanut, and I found myself both happy and sad that we are past that teeny tiny newborn stage. Speaking of newborns, we want to send a huge congratulations to the Kozaczka family on the arrival of their new little one last week! We wish them a smooth transition into life as a family of four (and maybe a little sleep, too?!).
![]() |
| Trading babies with Lora and Steve |
| Perspective photo: small baby and large baby |
| Yup, he's huge |
I wasn't joking when I said "lice scare." We got the dreaded email from Evie's preschool that there was a case of head lice. Those of you who know me know that I am a germaphobe, and this sent me running to the store to find any and all preventative measures before she went to school on Tuesday. I came home with tea tree oil and a lice repellent spray and I'll probably spray her before school every day until summer! So far, so good.
Old man winter seems to be hanging on a little longer...even our snowman is getting tired of it! So, we have continued to find fun indoor activities to keep ourselves sane.
Over the weekend, we did a little family mall walking on Saturday (Evie's request!)
| Riding the spaceship at the mall |
And then we took Evie to her first movie on the big screen on Sunday when the wind chill was -8. We went to see Cinderella, and it was so much fun! Matt loves to get a pile of junk food at the movies, and I'm pretty sure that was half of the allure for Evie. She made it through the whole movie with only a little squirming at the very end.
![]() |
| At the movies!! |
Good thing Evie went to the dentist with all that junk food she consumed. She was super brave and had no cavities. Hooray!
I have been really impressed with Evie's creative play lately, and I feel like she is getting better at entertaining herself. Yesterday, I had to laugh at the scene when she was roller skating, bowling, playing hockey and golf all at once!
Evie has been obsessed with this "Disney Collectors" series on YouTube (did you know there's a YouTube Kids app!?), where they make dresses for Disney Princesses out of Play-Doh. I didn't think it was anything special until Evie spent almost an hour creating different dresses for her princesses after she watched it. We even made a batch of homemade glitter Play-Doh for her to use for the dresses!
And, here are a few other random shots of our week:
| Evie has gotten pretty good at feeding Noah, and Roscoe cleans up the mess. Hey, if I can sit and drink my coffee, I'm happy! |
![]() |
| Two cute kiddos and their bubble hats |
| Oh Noah, I'm sure this is the first of many times she will dress you up. Thanks for being a good sport! |
| Roscoe is trying to think Spring |






No comments:
Post a Comment