Tuesday, March 17, 2015

March is for maple and melting

Call me weird, but I actually enjoy March in VT.  The days are longer, the sun is warmer, and even though there is still snow, you can feel the first hint of Spring in the air.  I especially love maple season, and I had the fun opportunity to go with Evie on her first school field trip to a maple syrup farm last week.  The kids got to see how maple syrup was made, had a chance to try tapping a tree, went in the sugar house and saw the boiling process, and then got to enjoy a treat of vanilla ice cream with maple syrup on it.  We rode a school bus to and from the maple farm, so that made the whole event even more exciting.  As a chaperone on the field trip, I gained a whole new respect for the preschool teachers who keep track of all these busy preschoolers during the day!


We had a couple of Spring-like days last week, and our neighborhood has finally melted out enough to see the pavement again.  It sounds kind of silly to say that, but what it means is that we are able to get out our double BOB and go for some family walks.  It's one of those rare things that we can do as a family when EVERYONE is happy, even Roscoe!  I'm so glad we spent the money to get that stroller last year, and I can't wait to do more walking as the weather continues to improve.


Fortunately, we are all feeling much better after our illnesses from the past few weeks, and we are appreciating being able to live our "normal" lives again.  Here are a bunch of other pictures and smiles from the week!

Noah loves playing with his Noah's Ark toy

We got to see Noah's buddy Onyx!

I got to have a night out and enjoy listening to Matt's band.  A very fun evening!
Noah wanted to have a faux-hawk like cousin Stefan
Chocolate eye
Her treat for returning bottles with daddy
Her other treat for helping Daddy with the bottle returns - a maple creemee
The kids playing in the family band

Noah enjoying a green muffin that we baked for St. Patrick's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment