Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Time to celebrate!

I can finally report that the basement is DONE!  HOORAY!!  10 months of being under construction was much longer than we anticipated, but when we started moving Evie's toys downstairs this past weekend, it was all worth it.  She loves to play down there, and cries whenever we have to come back upstairs!  Here are a ton of pictures of the finished space before we had moved anything in.





And, to show the beginning of the toy invasion...
New dress-up clothes from Donna!

I also realized that it has officially been 3 years since I started blogging!  Let's look at how life has changed in the past 3 years.
This year (crazy french braid hair)

1 year ago (note the UNFINISHED basement!)
2 years ago
3 years ago
Thank you all for reading and following along with our little family blog.  It really does take a village to raise a child, and we are grateful for all the support from our family and friends!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I barely recognize the basement! Where does the beer get brewed now!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh...good question. We at least know where we will DRINK the beer now! :-)

      Delete
  2. I am also curious about the beer brewing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a gorgeous play space, great work! What are those floors done with? (We have icky old creepy vinyl that's 51 years old, but are reticent to do anything too nice in case of wetness.) Looking for ideas....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jess - believe it or not, the flooring is actually vinyl! Vinyl apparently has gotten much nicer over the years! :-) They make some really nice products that are either made to look like wood or tile, and they are slightly softer and warmer for a basement floor than tile would be. Since it's a basement, and we were concerned about any potential water issues, we decided against wall-to-wall carpeting, pergo, and wood, and we opted for a large bound carpet remnant with a pad for the play area. That way, if we get water down there, we can dry the vinyl and pick up the remnant and know that it's really dry. Good luck with your decision! (I'd highly recommend Essex Paint and Carpet if you are in Vermont).

      Delete