Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Doing projects

I have learned this week that Evelyn will cooperate with almost any activity as long as I call it a "project."  We've done laundry projects, muffin projects, vacuuming projects, gift wrapping projects, and dusting projects.  I'm amazed how much she loves to be involved in these mundane things, and while it requires a little creativity to figure out how to involve her (letting her "drive" the vacuum, etc.), I feel like it's opened a new door for getting some things done around the house.  Evelyn now asks to "do a project with Mommy" all the time.  Hmm, maybe I will come to regret this?!  My mom says I was just like this when I was a kid, always wanting to help with projects in the kitchen!
Making soup - Evie samples the celery and carrot to make sure it's good!
Despite all the "projects" going on, every once in a while, Mommy gets a break.  Thank you Matt for giving me the chance to take a much-needed snooze on Sunday!  I think Roscoe is mocking me.


Another thing that Evie has been saying a lot lately is "remember that?"  Some things aren't so crazy, like asking if we remember reading a certain book yesterday, but then she'll reference something that happened months ago.  For example, she saw the Spot Bot steam cleaner and said, "Remember Ebbie spill Mommy coffee?  Ebbie get Mommy fresh coffee."  She was referring to the day she dumped my entire mug of coffee on the carpet back in November!  (Yes, she refers to herself in the third-person!).  I wish I could harness those memory skills some days with my flighty mom brain!
Mom, remember when the weather was nice enough to wear this poncho?  No?  Me neither.
We have been taking so many pictures with our phones that I decided to get the nice camera out and try to catch a few cute photos of Evie.  This is no small feat, because she is a blur of motion most of the day!


 
To further illustrate the challenge in getting a good photo of Evie...I tried to get a cute bath photo, and I ended up with 6 so-so pictures!

Say some prayers for little Evie, because she came down with a bug yesterday and her fever was 103.9 at bedtime, which is the highest she's ever had.  She is a little trooper, but as a parent, it breaks my heart to see her like this.
Watching some Baby Einstein and feeling yucky
Last, but not least, we got some good news last week about our basement.  The association gave us permission to install the egress window, so in about a month, we'll be the proud owners of one of these.
We could go on a VERY nice vacation for the same amount of money, but we hope it will be worth the investment!

No comments:

Post a Comment