Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Long week

Keeping hydrated
Working from home 
Is the past week over?  Good.  It ended up being a long week, because Evie was not feeling well for most of it.  I feel like an uncaring mom by saying this, but I was so annoyed by the bad attitude brought on by Evie not feeling well. Every question I asked of Evie between Tuesday and Saturday was answered with an emphatic, "Nnnnnnnnnnooooo!" and an ensuing meltdown. My logical side knew that she wasn't feeling good, but my emotional side quickly got frayed by this dialogue. Fortunately, our sweet daughter made her return on Sunday, and we are so happy to have her back!
Even chocolate pudding couldn't cheer her up

Don't worry Grandma Betti, she brushed her teeth many times, especially after that chocolate pudding

On Saturday night, we had dinner with friends whose children seem to have the best manners, and Evie was being her difficult self during dinner. Their kids politely asked, "May I please have some bread?", and in the next breath, Evie was shouting, "Evie NEED butter! BUTTER! Waaaaaaah!" and after that went on for a while, she changed her mind and started saying, "Evie NEED choc-o-late!" Matt and I were mortified. The worst part is that Evie rarely acts like that, so we didn't even know how to address her bad behavior.
After the challenging week, we were grateful for a beautiful weekend of Spring-like weather, and we had lots of fun outside hiking, going to the park, and going for rides in the stroller (YAY!). Daylight savings time has been a smooth transition for Evie, so we are also thankful for that. We put her to bed about 30 minutes earlier than her normal bed time on Saturday night, and then another 30 minutes earlier the following night, and she has barely noticed. That's the agreeable child we're used to having around!


She loves the sun as much as we do!

She loves hiking with us, so I don't mind carrying her along on my back.  The Ergo carrier is the best!




I swear I was having fun despite my serious expression!



Swinging with her buddy Ian.  This gives a good view of Vermont "mud season" conditions!

I think it might be time for a bigger bike this year!




No comments:

Post a Comment