Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happy Birthday to Grandma!

First and foremost, I want to wish a very Happy Birthday (yesterday) to "Gramma Zeke", as Evie calls her!  She is a very special part of all of our lives, and we love her very much.
Grandma Zeke's b-day with her Vermont grandkids
Evie has been very interested in the potty lately, so we finally bought her a potty chair this week.  We haven't had any "results" yet, but we're just getting her familiar with it at this point.  As you can see, she's settling in nicely with the Pottery Barn Kids catalog!  Ha ha!  She also insists on accompanying us to the bathroom EVERY time we go.

One thing I really love about Evelyn is that she has this inherent desire to be helpful (maybe all kids do?).  Here are a few things she helped with during the week:

Making coffee
Baking with Mommy

Working on the computer
Giving Roscoe a drink from her cup

Another thing I love is that she spends time with her cousins, even if it means that I have to occasionally drive one of those ridiculous car carts at the grocery store!
I actually thought it was pretty fun to drive one of these crazy things!

I also love her relationship with Roscoe (although sometimes we have to break them up - gross!):

He is willing to act as a chair - good boy!
Doggie chair (again)
Poor Roscoe!  When Evie isn't sitting on him, we're doing this sort of stuff to him.  His expression says it all!

In other milestones, I have been surprised by how well Evelyn is learning her colors.  Often, when I get her up in the morning, she'll announce the color of my shirt before she even says "good morning" to me!  She still gets them wrong sometimes, but it's so cool to watch her learn.  Her talking is also non-stop, and she's putting several words together to make mini-sentences now, for example, "Mommy, plaaaaaaaaaaay!", "take a bite", "read a book", etc.

We wish you all a happy and relaxing Thanksgiving later this week!  We are incredibly grateful for our friends and families (including all of you reading the blog).

Here are a few other miscellaneous pictures/videos from the week:

All bundled up to go outside
Doing a little bit of yoga

Sitting like a big girl at the table - only for non-messy meals!
Playing blocks with Daddy:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQIcdXoYi14&feature=youtube_gdata_player





No comments:

Post a Comment